Year 2H 2022 - 2023
Welcome back after half term. We are excited to see you all back!
Let's have a look what we will be learning this half term.
What will we be learning?
In maths we will be furthering our knowledge and skills in:
· 2s, 5s and 10s multiplications
· Telling the time
· Adding and Doubling
· Properties of numbers
- SATs practise papers
We will also be doing a weekly 'MAD MINUTES' sessions, where the children are timed whilst completing their times tables. Ready, steady, get practising!
In English, we are focussing on the book 'Hansel and Gretel' by Helen Ward.
We will be exploring traditional tales from different cultures.
- discuss unfamiliar vocabulary
- making inferences
- writing character descriptions
- adapt a story
We will also be looking at understanding and writing instructions alongside our daily grammar starters and SATs practise.
In history, we are going to be learning about 'Rochdale's role in the Industrial Revolution'. We will study the following questions;
· What caused the industrial revolution?
· What were the working conditions?
· Which inventiobs were made?
· When was there an improvement?
We will explore our local area and think about how workers would have been feeling during this time.
Our Science topic is 'Living things and their Habitats'. In this unit we will:
· Identify living things
· Dead or alive?
· Identify habitats and explore habitats
· Create a microhabitat
In RE, we will be focussing on the topic 'The Easter Story'. Our learning will be focussed around ‘Big Questions’ such as;
- What is Lent?
- What is Holy Week?
- What is the crucifxion?
- What was the resurrection?
- Who was at The Last Supper?
- Why does Easter matter to Christians.
· PE kits must be in school every day
· Book bags must be in school every day
· Spelling and mad minutes should be practised everyday
· Try to read with your child everyday and ask them questions about the book they have read
· Homework is given out on a Friday and handed in every Thursday
Year 2 team.
Year 2H: Gallery items
World Book Day 2023, by Mr Wood
Carol Concert, by Miss Hulse
Manchester United Player Led Competition, by Miss Kyte
Year 2H: Events items
2H Class Assembly, by Mr Wood