Year 2F 2021 - 2022
Welcome back! It is the final term of Year 2! I am so excited about all the learning that we have got planned!
What will we be learning?
In maths we will be furthering our knowledge and skills in:
- Place value on a number line
- Reasoning and Problem solving
We will also be doing a weekly 'MAD MINUTES' sessions, where the children are timed whilst completing their times tables. Ready, steady, get practising!
In English, we are focussing on the book 'The Pirates Next Door', by Jonny Duddle
- Look closely at the illustrations, and make inferences
- Write character and setting descriptions
- Write in the role of the characters
- Ask and answer questions
- Retell the story
- Innovate the story
We will also explore space and create a non-chronological report, which links to our history topic.
In history, we are going to be learning about 'Explorers'. We will study the following questions;
- What is an explorer?
- Can you name some explorers?
- How do we know about explorers from the past?
- Why is an exploration important?
- What qualities do you think an explorer needs to have?
Do you recognise any of the explorers on the photographs?
Our Science topic is 'Bees and Pollination'. We will be building on our learning from Year 1, learning more about plant maturation, life cycles and eco systems. In this unit we will:
- Visit CommuniTree as our school trip, to learn more about bees and pollination!
- Learn the parts of a bees body
- Study the importance of bees in our ecosystem
- Learn scientific vocabulary such as; pollination, life cycle, eco systems, pupa, larva
In RE, we will be focussing on the topic 'Why is the Church a special place for Christians?'. Our learning will be focussed around ‘Big Questions’ such as;
- What is a special place?
- Is everyone's special place the same?
- What makes a place special?
- What objects can you find in special places?
- PE kits must be in school every day
- Book bags must be in school every day
- Spelling and mad minutes should be practised everyday
- Try to read with your child everyday and ask them questions about the book they have read
- Homework is given out on a Friday and handed in every Thursday
Follow the link below to find out more about phonics.
Year 2 team.
Year 2F: Gallery items
2F's Class Worship - Acts of Service, by Mrs Freeman
EYFS and KS1 'Washing the Feet' Collective Worship Service, by Mrs Andrews
Stations of the Cross Service - April 2022, by Mrs Cavill